Welcome to Srini's blog

Friday, March 5, 2010

Win 2003 server TS permission issue

Today I got an issue with windows 2003 server. I have admin rights on this box and i created a user for some testing purpose. Every time I am connecting to this box remotely thru mstsc with admin privileges. for new user which is created today I am not able to login remotely thru rdp session , I got error as
"To log on to this remote computer, you must be granted the allow log on through Terminal Services right. By default, members of the Remote Desktop User group have this right ...."

A quick googling I got sol and its worked. Solution is very simple.I am posting the sol here.

Go to Administrator Tools -->Terminal Services configuration -->right-click on RDP-tcp --> properties --> Permission and add the user here to work out ..

Note : By default, only Administrators are allowed log on to the DomainController. If you want to some other users to access the DomainController using TS, try the above setting with admin privileges only.
Gud luck ..

No comments:

Post a Comment