Welcome to Srini's blog

Friday, February 26, 2010

Google anyalytics reports not updating with new visits -- Solution with my personal experience

Of course google analytics help provide the basic information about this issue. Few days back I got the same issue. For me it had taken 15 days to track the issue and I lost 15 days reports for my blog. So I will explain the scenario, it will help for some one having the same issue.

Suddenly one day my analytics reports not updating for my blog eventhough some one visiting my blog everyday. I don't know the reason why this happening . I remembered that 4 days back i applied for Ad-sense account, google rejected my request with reason Unacceptable site content, So I am in the mode of due to google rejected my ad-sense req my blog also blocked. With enormous googling one fine day i came to know that this is not the issue with ad-sense rejected. At the same time i got one clue. If you change blog theme then tracking code and site verifications codes(webmsters meta tag) will disappear.

ohhh.. shit i did the same (theme changed at the time of req for adsense account)
then I checked 2 things :
1. Check blog verification in webmaster account for this blog --- its giving no meta tag found error, then i checked my blog HTML to find the meta tag(My blog verified thru meta-tag) I did not find the meta tag in my blog HTML.
2. Check the analytics tracking code in my blog HTML -- I did not found the tracking code also.

Immediately after these two checks i realized that due to blog theme changes my analytics reports not updating. I copied meta-tag and verifications code to my blog and waited 24 hrs to see effect ... wowww ...this morning i saw my analytics reports updating normally ...

Hope this will help u..

No comments:

Post a Comment