Welcome to Srini's blog

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Appanapalli Tour -- Boat ride on Godavari

Last weekend I experienced a great.. horrible ... exiting ... and risky journey in river godavari. I planned to visit appanapalli for lord venkateswara swami darshanam , Actually my naming ceremony held in this place about 22 years ago. Myself and my nephew nagendra started @ my home on Sunday morning. We reached 'Taatipaka' which is 10KM far from appanapalli around 10AM, We caught auto from here to reach dest.

Before 5KM to dest auto driver stopped and told us due to floods in river godavari all surrounding areas are submerged, So catch boat from here and go to temple. This is really un expected and feared to journey on boat in godavari. First 10 min we r in dailamo, But almost we crossed 80 KM to reach this place, we need to travel one more 5KM on boat. Atlast we stepped into boat with co-pilgrims.. .... wooohhhh ..1 hour journey in boat on heavy floating godavari .... its really horrible and at the same time exiting movements ... This is really un-expected traveling which I had never experienced in my early life.These boats are human powered rowboats, because of journey towards/between the coconut trees motor boats are not used here.


Atlast we reached temple @ 12PM and had bath in river godavari with my shaved head. Due to lunch hours temple closed , So meanwhile we had free meal and had darshnam @ 2:30 PM. We returned back on same boat. After reached roadway I feel like 90% of my return journey completed eventhough I need to travel 80 KM more. Uhhhh .. I reached home @ 8:00 PM and caught Gowtami superfast train to reach Hyd.

No comments:

Post a Comment